Accountable To: Lead Pastor
Time Commitment: 40 hrs. Mondays-Thursday 8:30-5pm Sun 7:30-1:30
One Sentence Job Description: Support and assist the Lead Pastor
As the Executive Assistant you win by supporting and assisting the Lead Pastor in ways that help him lead the mission and vision of Foothills Church.
The Executive Assistant provides a variety of administrative support to the Lead Pastor and assists in the day-to-day operations of the Pastor’s schedule which consist of the following:
- Manage communication: phone calls, emails, and assist with social media. Send letters/emails as needed.
- Manage work and personal calendar, schedule and arrange appointments, meetings, conferences, and travel accommodations.
- Complete expense report each week.
- Complete errands as needed.
- Project Manage various events as needed.
- Manage sermon and research files.
- Perform research for special projects as assigned.
- Prepare and send out notices for meetings, and prepare agenda items and any material needed.
- Utilize software for word processing, database management, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Manage Library.
- Complete tasks that help the Lead Pastor maximize his time and lead effectively.
- Loves God & cares about making disciples through relational environments.
- A partner, or willing to become a partner of FC.
- Servant’s heart, willing to do sometimes menial tasks that help the Lead Pastor succeed.
- Exceptionally organized and able to plan months in advance.
- An influential leader who can lead through others.
Quality Communication - The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Slack messages, text messages and/or emails.
High Level of Discretion - Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must.
Team Player - In addition to working directly with the Lead Pastor, the EA will also work with members of the Finance Team and several other Pastors from other departments. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
Anticipating Needs - As a part of our commitment to enabling our LP to serve our staff and partners at the top of his game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your leader, clearing the path for him to make his greatest contribution.
Affinity for Technology - Our executive assistant will be a technologically savvy Mac user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Slack, Zoom, Google Suite, Asana, Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Experience: 2-5 years in a supporting role.
- Physical: Capable of lifting office supplies up to 30 lbs