Director Of Operations
Accountable To: Lead Pastor
Time Commitment: Full-Time, M-Th - 9:00AM-5:00PM Sunday 7:30-1PM
One Sentence Job Description: Oversee all operational aspects of Foothills Church
As the Director of Operations, you are an extension of the leadership, development, administration, and care of Foothills Church. You win when you are creating and executing an operation plan that ensures FC fulfills the vision to develop mature disciples of Christ in relational environments across all campuses.
The Director of Operations oversees the areas of finance, facilities, campus development, risk management, information technology, human resources, and office management.
- Finance — Oversee the development and execution of the church’s budget and financial plan. Coordinate the stewardship development strategy throughout the ministry.
- Facilities — Oversee the Facilities Manager to ensure facility is maintained and organized effectively.
- Human Resources — Manage all human resources issues for staff and ensure FC’s policies and procedures are effective and executed.
- Office Management — Oversee the Officer Manager to equip the office with supplies and equipment.
- Information Technology — Oversee all IT issues, keeping equipment up to date and operational.
- Campus Development — Recruit and oversee contractor(s) and/or volunteers needed to properly maintain and expand church facilities and operational infrastructure. Function as overall project manager and coordinator for the implementation of the church’s multi-site strategy.
- Pastoral — Function as a member of the Pastoral Staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as requested
- Assist the Lead Pastor as needed.
- Loves God & cares about making disciples through relational environments.
- A partner of FC who is fulfilling their partnership covenant.
- Exceptionally organized with vision and an administrative mind.
- An influential leader who can lead through others.
- Ability to create and manage strategic plans.
- Has an eye for detail but also the capacity to see the larger vision.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of five years of experience as an operations professional in a corporate or church environment. Possession of a business, finance or related degree is required. (Extensive ministry/business experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) Experience with budget and financial reporting. The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic and will possess a clear call to ministry with the ability to lead and develop staff and volunteers.
Helpful But Not Required
- Experience with construction, property acquisition, loans.
- Coordinate campus tasks, projects, events, and communication.
- Lead volunteers to assist with ministry events and special projects while helping other teams accomplish their goals.
- Development of a formal “facilities program” that ensures the timely completion of both preventive and corrective maintenance on all church equipment, facilities, and grounds.
- Provide significant insight to vision casting and goal setting for key areas of FC.
- Provide information on the well-being of the facility and other foreseeable maintenance/adjustments.
- Business Manager
- Facilities Manager