Accountable To: Experience Pastor
Time Commitment: Full Time
One Sentence Job Description: Oversee all areas of external communications for Foothills Church.
- The Communications Director oversees the strategy, organization & implementation of all external communication for Foothills Church. You win when the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the church are communicated clearly and call people to action.
- Ensure our brand, brand script, and voice are being consistently communicated.
- Drive the strategy & planning of our multi-channel Communications Plan in Asana.
- Regularly give direction to our content creators as to what the strategic needs are.
- Manage the communications request workflow in Asana.
- Write copy for the weekly update, video scripts, web pages, & other various projects.
- Aggregate & interpret relevant engagement data to make data-driven decisions.
- Oversee all external marketing campaigns to drive engagement with our church.
- Script in-person & online hosting segments for our Sunday worship experiences.
- Schedule all in-person & online hosts in Planning Center.
- Manage the internal church calendar to help our staff stay organized and in the loop.
- Directly plan & execute the weekly newsletter and all email communications.
- Manage relationships with local media & write relevant press releases when needed.
- Organize, distribute, & respond to potentially sensitive church related emails & direct messages.
- Lead & oversee other various projects as needed.
- Loves God & cares about making disciples.
- A partner of FC who is fulfilling their partnership covenant
- Highly organized and detailed
- Able to effectively communicate verbally & through written communications
- A natural proof-reader
- Positive attitude
- Fast mover but calm thinker
- Able to plan six months in advance
- Lives & breathes social media
- Base level understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite