Accountable To: Pastor of Development
Time Commitment: Full Time
One Sentence Job Description: Oversee the Care Strategy for Foothills Church.
- The win for the Care Pastor is to develop and execute a robust and thorough Care Network for the people of Foothills Church.
- Oversees the Care Network and FC Care Strategy (both FC locations)
- Build out the Care Network and Strategy for FC.
- Initiates 1st consultation to determine best next steps (counseling, mentoring, etc).
- Provides direction for Pre-marital strategy, Divorce Care, Financial Peace University, etc. - Work alongside of groups to determine mentoring and short term group opportunities.
- Provides direction for Deacon Ministry
- Identifies, recruits and trains future Deacons.
- Communicates care needs with deacons as needed.
- Facilitates onboarding process for potential new deacons. - Meets with deacons regularly for equipping and training.
- Develops and leads Mentoring Ministry
- Work alongside of Pastor of Development to build out mentoring strategy. • Identifies, trains and equips potential mentors.
- Develops process for easy connection of mentors to mentees.
- Develops and/or identifies content and curriculum.
- Oversees Pastoral needs for Weddings and Funerals
- Officiates weddings and funerals as needed.
- Trains and equips pastors on officiating weddings and funerals.
- Communicates with and schedules other pastors as needed.
- Works alongside Operations Team for on site services.
- Loves God & cares about the people of FC and the community.
- A partner of FC who is fulfilling their partnership covenant.
- Committed to the vision, values and beliefs of Foothills Church
- Maintains an overall healthy lifestyle physically, emotionally, and spiritually. - Highly organized and detailed.
- Able to communicate well verbally and through written communications.
- Emotionally mature and possesses a high level of emotional intelligence and problem solving skills. - Able to plan 6-12 months in advance.
- Be a self-starter, but work on a team.
- Be willing to assist in other environments.
- Operate digitally through platforms like Slack, Asana, and Google Drive Suite.
- Enjoy working in a multi-site environment.
- Regularly spend time with various ministry organizations to establish a healthy network.