Pastor of Care and Connections
Accountable To: Pastor of Development
Time Commitment: Full-Time, M-Th - 9:00AM-5:00PM & Sunday - 7:30AM-1:00PM
One Sentence Job Description: Oversee the Care Strategy for FC as well as help the people of FC discover their next steps of engagement.
The win for the Pastor of Care and Connections is to develop and execute a robust and thorough Care Network for the people of FC as well as oversee the process from Parking Lot to Partner.
Leads and Directs Guest Services Team
- Recruits and trains all new GS volunteers
- Schedules GS team weekly
- Provides updated and correct information for Connect Center Team
- Oversees Care and Prayer ministry
- Helps create a welcoming and caring experience for all attending FC
- Consistently evaluating processes for improvement
- Monitors and provides direction for VIP Experience
Oversees Care Network and FC Care Strategy (both FC locations)
- Build out Care Network and Strategy
- Initiates 1st consultation to determine best next steps (counseling, mentoring, etc)
- Pre-marital, Divorce Care, Substance Abuse, Financial Guidance/Assistance
- Work alongside of Groups to determine mentoring opportunities
Provides direction for deacon ministry
- Communicates care needs with deacons as needed
- Facilitates onboarding process for potential new deacons
- Meets with deacons regularly for equipping and training
Assists with Journey Processes
- Teaches at Journey (Base Camp, Camp II & Camp III)
- Oversees Journey Interest Meetings and follow up
- Recruits and trains volunteers for Journey
Provides Direction for Volunteer / Leadership Next Steps
- Recruitment Season / Plan
- Coordinate with departments on onboarding processes
- Executes clear handoff to departments for volunteer placement
- Calendars and project manages volunteer recruitment seasons
- Loves God, loves people, and loves collaborating.
- Supportive of other church staff and volunteers.
- Committed to vision, values, and beliefs of Foothills Church.
- Evidence of a Christ like attitude in words and actions.
- A partner of FC who is fulfilling their partnership covenant.
- Self-starting—able to work independently.
- Able to work and thrive in a collaborate work environment.
- Organized and able to plan 6-12 months in advance.
- Good communication skills.
- Desire “we” more than “me.”
- Have a positive attitude.
- Desire excellence.
- Show up on time.