Accountable To: Facilities Director
Time Commitment: Part-Time, 27 Hours/week , M-W-F 9:00AM-5:00PM, Sunday 10:15AM-1:15PM
One Sentence Job Description: Provide a clean and organized environment for distraction free ministry.
As the Campus Custodian, you are a self-motivated owner of all things in keeping our campus clean and maintained. When office and common areas, worship spaces, bathrooms and facilities are kept at a high level of cleanliness to provide a bright and safe environment to fulfill ministry.
- To maintain the building and its cleanliness in a good working manner.
Description of Duties
- Maintain the building and its cleanliness in a good working manner.
- Clean the interior of building with projects on a weekly, semi-weekly and monthly schedule (cleaning schedule will be provided).
- Remove common trash after services on Sundays.
- Clean facility floors and sanitize all surfaces.
- Keep bathrooms cleaned, stocked and check on their operation.
- Respond to clean-up needs.
- Be available for emergencies and breakdowns.
- Work with Facility Director to notify them of any facility issues in need of repairs.
- Set up for classes and various events.
- Keep general janitorial areas safe, organized and clean.
- Work with Facility Director on ordering needed supplies and maintaining adequate reserves.
- On call in cases of emergency.
- Physical health to maintain cleanliness of building.
- Genuine attitude of caring for the congregation, staff, and guests of the church.
- Possess a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- A positive attitude.
- A servant’s heart.
- A cooperative team spirit.
- Take pride in keeping the entire church facility clean, safe, and in good functioning form.
- Authentic and growing relationship with Christ.
- Able to work independently, with little or no supervision.
- Has an eye for detail but also the capacity to see the larger vision.
Education and Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Physical health to maintain cleanliness of building
- Experience in housekeeping/custodian role preferred
Helpful but not required
- Creating routines and re-organizing schedules around event needs