Accountable To: Business Manager
Weekly Time Commitment: Full-Time, M-Th - 9:00AM-5:00PM, Sunday - 7:30AM-1:00PM
One Sentence Job Description: Promote the vision of Foothills Church through managing financial processes and reporting while supporting the general daily operations of the church.
As the Bookkeeper for Foothills Church, we want you to own the daily accounting aspects of the entire church. Focusing on supporting the Business Manager in providing church leadership with information and reporting to guide the operations of the church.
We ask this position to do these things:
- Be a visible leader on Sunday morning & all other ministry contexts.
- Oversee Sunday morning and weekly giving processes, including volunteer counter team on Sundays
- Weekly updating of weekly statistical reports on Sundays
- Manage giving databases and routine statements to givers
- Manage cloud-based accounting software system
- Accounts Payable processing
- Weekly deposits to bank
- Report and statement preparation, weekly and monthly
- Run payroll and process tax payments and reporting weekly and quarterly
- Manage expenses process: Staff card management program
- Working alongside entire staff in supporting event payments and processes
- Historical and current physical filing and storing of required documents
- Communication and updates to Business Director on project statuses
- Be directly involved in developing a strategic plan for financial goals and projects
- Be bought in to staff culture and supporting all team dynamics
- Loves God & cares about developing disciples through relational environments.
- A partner of FC who is fulfilling their partnership covenant.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Apple Numbers, Quickbooks Desktop, Intacct accounting are a plus Trustworthiness and references of character.
- Maintains an overall healthy lifestyle physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Highly organized and detailed.
- Able to communicate well orally and through written communications.
- Emotionally mature and possesses a high level of emotional intelligence and problem solving skills.
- Able to plan 6-12 months in advance.
- Be a self-starter, but work on a team
- Be willing to assist in other environments within the operational team
- Operate digitally through platforms like Slack, Asana, and Dropbox
- Own and manage the financial process from all income and expense management