Members of the Foothills Staff are expected to exhibit a Christ-centered, servant attitude in the way that they carry out their responsibilities.
1. Foothills Church Staff agree to Foothills Church’s Statement of Faith and will refrain from advocating doctrines not included in the Statement of Faith in such a way as to cause dissension.
2. Foothills Church Staff will follow and respect the leadership of the church. Response time to phone calls and e-mails from co-workers should be fast and considerate.
3. Foothills Church Staff will exhibit a “whatever it takes” attitude in all tasks they are asked to undertake.
4. Foothills Church Staff will make their own spiritual and professional growth a top priority
5. Foothills Church Staff will exhibit integrity and represent the church appropriately at all times.
- Although much care will be given on a personal level to restore the individual, sexual sins (such as fornication, adultery, improper use of Foothills Church’s computers for pornographic material, etc.) will be dealt with quickly.
- Other public sins (stealing, drunkenness, abuse of others, etc.) that reflect poorly on the cause of Christ and the reputation of this church will be dealt with quickly.
- Foothills Church Staff will abstain completely from using illegal drugs
6. Foothills Church Staff will be “above reproach” in all areas of contact with the opposite sex.
- Married staff should not meet alone with a person of the opposite sex (not his/her spouse) in public
- Single staff should not meet (or ride in a car) with a married person of the opposite sex alone in public.
7. Foothills Church Staff value punctuality on all occasions.
8. Foothills Church Staff will exhibit a positive attitude at all times and will never talk negatively about other staff members or staff decisions to anyone on staff or in the church. Decisions can be discussed thoroughly in staff meetings, but will be supported publicly.
9. As many delicate and personal issues are addressed within a church setting, complete confidentiality is required for all staff meetings and staff conversations. However, you should never promise anyone who confides in you (when in your church capacity) that you will not share it with someone else on staff if it is appropriate.